Venue: Monaco and the Monte-Carlo Country Club (M.C.C.C)
Dates for 2020: 2 September – 5 September
Format: Men’s doubles
Our cornerstone annual event is the prestigious doubles tournament held in Monaco at the Monte-Carlo Country Club, home of the ATP 1,000 tournament, The Monte-Carlo Masters.
The Ascotian Club’s Monaco tournament has had its 10th Anniversary under the High Patronage of HSH Prince Albert II Monaco. The international sporting spirit of the tournament is supported by The Monegasque Sovereign who graciously prizes the winning team with His Cup, ‘HSH Prince Albert II Monaco – Tennis for Friendship’.
The Ascotian Club is proud to partner with the famous luxury hotel, the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort, just a short walk from tennis courts of the Monte-Carlo Country Club. Room rates for Members of The Ascotian Club are exceptional for this time of year in Monaco and are exclusive to our Members.
The format of our Monaco tournament is country-based teams (“Davis Cup” style) of amateur doubles consisting of 3 pairings per country team of different skill levels (levels 1, 2 and 3), broadly consistent across each level between the countries, to make for a competitive and hugely enjoyable 3 to 4 hours of good-spirited tennis per day, in a social setting.
An average of 16 -18 country teams compete. Most teams consist of 8 players (including subs) and many players travel with their partners and/or children, resulting in an event involving 150 to 200 people.
Matches run for an hour, whereupon games are tallied, resulting in play-offs between teams ranked 5 and below and semi-finals and finals for the top 4 countries.
On the first evening prior to play we hold a cocktail event on the terrace of the Monte-Carlo Country Club at which the draw for the tournament is made. The 3-day event culminates in a gala awards dinner held at the Monaco Yacht Club.
Included in Program:
- 3 days of tennis at the stunning Monte Carlo Country Club (M.C.C.C), the home of the ATP 1,000 tournament, The Monte-Carlo Masters.
- 3 lunches with wine served on the terrace of the M.C.C.C. overlooking the Mediterranean and centre court.
- 2 evenings with dinner and drinks. The opening night is held on the terrace of the M.C.C.C. and is where the draw for the tournament takes place. The finale and the awards dinner take place on Saturday evening at the Yacht club.
- Welcome branded tennis kit pack including playing shirt, shorts and other items.
- The right to obtain the exclusive discount rate at the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel.